8

East Raynham

S Mary V

8, tenor 9-3-5 in G

Tuesday 19:00 1st and 3rd only, Check First

When the church was rebuilt in 1866 the Whitechapel bellfoundry cast a new ring of three. These were rung from a cavernous room immediately below the bell chamber. By the 1990’s the bells had become extremely difficult to handle. In 2003, more than 130 years after the original installation, the same firm completed the octave by adding numbers 1 to 5 to the existing three. The new bells were gifted by both various members of the Townshend family and by local people. They are now rung from a splendid new gallery and form a delightful ring in a delightful setting. However, beware the bovine inhabitants of the park, friendly they certainly are, but they have a peculiar liking for wing mirrors. (Roger Peckham).

Location

  • BranchWestern
  • CountyNorfolk
  • PostcodeNR21 7ER
  • DioceseNorwich
  • Latitude52.79470
  • Longitude0.78631
  • Grid RefTF879255

Ringing

  • Bells8
  • Tenor9-3-5 in G
  • ConditionExcellent
  • AccessibilityUnknown
  • Practice DayTuesday 19:00 1st and 3rd only, Check First
  • Sunday Service Ringingby arrangement
  • First PealBristol Surprise Major
  • 14 September 2002

Extra Information

  • Parking: Outside church

Membership

6
2001
6
2002
6
2003
6
2004
4
2005
4
2006
4
2007
5
2008
4
2009
7
2010
7
2011
6
2012
5
2013
5
2014
4
2015
3
2016
2
2017
2
2018
2
2019
2
2020
2
2021

Contact

  • Françoise Walkeremail
  • 0782499022
Note : Please do not use the comments form below to contact the tower, use the contact details above.