The large 15th century tower is part of a church that was rebuilt in 1778, after falling into disrepair, when the north and south aisles were completely removed.
Inside the church the object of greatest interest is the brass to Henry Notingham and his wife. There are three fonts: a primitive example in the inner porch, a marble basin on a pedestal in use until 1885 and the Bath stone font in use today.
The clockwise ring of 5 fairly easy going bells with a longish draft hang in a traditional oak frame. (Tony Foster)
- PostcodePE36 6LJ
- Grid RefTF707434
- Tenor7-3-2 in Ab
- Access via a winding staircase with 26 uneven stone steps and rope handrail
- Practice DayTuesday 14h00
- Sunday Service Ringingby arrangement
- First PealDoubles (1 method / 1 variation)
- 29 April 1992
- The Church does not have a car park. Please park with consideration for others in Kirkgate.
- Toilet Available