Please note that details of this years Quarter Peal Week have yet to be finalised. The following dates are provisional and other information based upon 2017 event.
Richard Turk is co-ordinating this year’s efforts for the Association Quarter Peal Week. This year, the week will run from Easter Sunday (1 April 2018) until Sunday 8 April 2018 inclusive.
In recent years, participation in this event has not been great. I canvassed opinion recently about why people may not be getting involved and the biggest reasons I found were a lack of opportunity and a lack of publicity. I aim to tackle both of those. Please pass this information on to anyone you know who might not get this e-mail and ought to know!
I know that there will be bands out there that will organise their own attempts. That’s great! I will create an event on BellBoard so that you can link your successes to the whole event.
- If you are someone who wants to take part but doesn’t have a band to do so with, you can contact me and I will attempt to find a band for you to ring with.
- If you are a band that has a gap or two that needs filling to be able to make your attempt(s) then I will try to find you ringers to fit the bill.
- If you are a band that needs a conductor for your attempt(s) I will try to find someone for you.
What I need is to know who is interested.
- I need to know if you want to/are willing to ring one or more quarters.
- I need to know what level you ring at.
- I need to know if you are willing to travel.
- I need to know if you are looking for a band to fit into or looking for someone to fit into your band.
- I need to know if you are willing to offer yourself as a conductor.
- I also need to know what days and times you are generally available during that week
It might sound complicated, but I think it will be worth it.
We are the Norwich Diocesan Association of Ringers, so let’s do some ringing!
I hope to hear from you soon,
Richard Turk email